From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: win32
PHP version:      4.0.6
PHP Bug Type:     Documentation problem
Bug description:  Appendix G Descrepancies..

This is truly a followup to my previous post - message about what appears
to be "descrepancies" in Appendix G.. which has further some confusion as
to "which" functions are "truly" an alias and which is the "master
function"..

I guess I need to "understand" what the master function is supposed to be,
and what an alias is supposed to be.

Perhaps I have these backwards, and thus the confusion, but
some of this doesn't quite set right..

The first function in the list (chop) is labeled as the master function,
and it's alias as (rtrim).. but when you go to the master function, (chop)
it's documentation indicates it's the alias. and to see rtrim for
details.

There are some functions in this list like - fwrite() and fputs() - where
fwrite is labled as the master and fputs the alias.. while the documentaion
for both functions do not indicate either as an alias..

This goes on.. naturally some of these make perfect sense, if you looke at
is_double() marked as a master - having aliases of is_float() and
is_real().. the documentation corresponds perfectly..

i.e. if you call up is_float() or is_real() it directs you to is_double()..
which brings "some" understanding back.

and jives with what "I" would preceive as the relationship between a
"master function" and an alias.

Input on this matter would "greatly" be appreciated..

thanks a bunch.
--
Edit bug report at: http://bugs.php.net/?id=12868&edit=1