Edin Kadribasic wrote:

>>    But one thing I know.
>>
>>    If you try to compile --with-pcntl now, and you use
>>    --with-apxs, the ./configure process tries to be smart and
>>    bails out, saying that pcntl does not work with apache sapi.
>>
>>    Seems we need some more smart changes to the build process.
>>

> This is bit dirty, but if you apply this patch it would enable any extension
> that has PHP_EXTENSION(ext_name, $ext_shared, cli) in their config.m4 to be
> linked only with the cli executable. The patch also modifies
> ext/pcntl/config.m4 to make use of this.

this was what i added PHP_CHECK_INTERACTIVE and PHP_CHECK_STANDALONE
for in acinclude.m4

using these is less sapi dependant which is a goot thing IMHO,
as we might have other interactive sapis beside cli in the future
(although i can't think of one yet ;)

--
Hartmut Holzgraefe  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.six.de  +49-711-99091-77