Hello,

James Cox wrote:

> Manuel,
>
> in your original email you said you weren't being specific. please be
> specific on some real tangible targets that we could work on.

I don't recall ever saying that I was not going to be specific. Actually
I specified several ideas that I suggested. Please read again starting
from the point that I mention the idea of making a PHP Open Source
programming contest and advertise it in the media.

> Secondly, I feel this discussion is best kept on the php-dev list, since you
> asked the developers to do something about it. :)

Sorry, I thought you were not keeping the discussion on php.dev only
deliberately. Actually, the thread is also to answer the original poster
about why PHP is not acknowledged in colleges and what he or other users
and developers can do about it. Feel free to also crosspost to
php-general if you agree that this is a discussion not pertaining just
to PHP developers.

Regards,
Manuel Lemos