Yasuo Ohgaki wrote:
>>> Case of names can be easily converted by program.
>> do you think it will be easy in this situation?:
> I'm well aware of cases auto conversion is difficult.

thats not what "can be easily converted" implied ...

>> and, by the way: what kind of a program is going to convert this
> For windows, it's just a matter of downloading php.exe if it's
> written in PHP, isn't it?
windows users do not like command lines ;)

> It's easy/intuitive to know where to look/fix
> "function not found" error, if scripts were working under PHP4 :)
it is for you and for me, but our average user is well below
our level :(

look at all the user questions and bug reports regarding things
like "can't send header ... output already started at ...",
"notice: undefined variable" or "notice: undefined constant xyz,
asuming 'xyz' instead"

a lot of people do not read error messages, they just see that
something does not work as it should

and with my example of callback functions it usualy isn't even
clear where the actual error is due to the additional level
of indirection

Zeev: btw., what about my "undefinde function ... maybe you were
       looking for ... instead?" patch? could be extended to look
       for case-only differences before performing the levenschtein
       comparison *if* we switch to case sensitivity so we at least
       had a better error messge even if people don't read it ;)

--
Hartmut Holzgraefe  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.six.de  +49-711-99091-77

Wir stellen für Sie aus auf der CeBIT 2002 und freuen uns
in Halle 6 auf Ihren Besuch am Stand H 18