You're right about the -q thing, I didn't notice it the first time. (I kind
of just run -q now without thinking about it.)

It's not a big thing to do the separate compiles, so it's no worry. Just a
little annoyance, but I'll live.

This isn't a big issue or anything, sort of a nice-to-have. But if I'm in
the minority for wanting this, that's fine, I'll live.