Sebastian Bergmann wrote:
> Yasuo Ohgaki wrote:
>
>>yohgaki         Mon Sep 30 22:43:33 2002 EDT
>>
>>  Modified files:
>>    /php4/main  output.c
>>  Log:
>>  Fixed implicit flush.
>

>   This commit broke my script, that I mentioned before, again. It now
>   dumps the contents of a variable to stdout instead of writing it to a
>   file.

A little history. When 4.1.0 (or 4.2.0?) is released, I've fixed
crush with deleting wrong buffer with implicit flush. The fix
disabled implicit flush.

I finally fixed implicit flush. Users should worry about
implicit flush directive in php.ini now. e.g. implicit_flush=Off
for normal use.

Apparently, CLI SAPI implicitly enable implicit flush at
initialization no matter what the php.ini setting is. CLI behavior
is wrong, since there is no way to change implicit flush directive
once script is started. I notified this to Edin and he would address
this issue soon hopefully.

--
Yasuo Ohgaki