Yasuo Ohgaki wrote:
> A little history. When 4.1.0 (or 4.2.0?) is released, I've fixed
> crush with deleting wrong buffer with implicit flush. The fix
> disabled implicit flush.
>
> I finally fixed implicit flush. Users should worry about
> implicit flush directive in php.ini now. e.g. implicit_flush=Off
> for normal use.

Implicit_flush is changeable SYSTEM or PER_DIR.
If it is enabled, PHP will _always_ flush implicitly.

ob_implicit_flush() uses output_globals, so it can be changed
in anywhere in script. However, ob_implict_flush() cannot turn off
implicit_flush set in php.ini. It works independently.

--
Yasuo Ohgaki