Just an update,

I have made a 117m thread on PHP-IT wondering what Italian users think
of porting error messages to their language.

Apparently, users seemed to be already used to English errors and this idea
wasn't completely accepted by everyone (some people agreed, though).
Objections to it were similar to what we had here.

However, error codes were very well welcomed because of several reasons
including searching the docs and for web help, eventual ability
catching/recognizing errors run-time, possibility of triggering core errors,
etc.

Shall we still consider introducing error codes to PHP? IMO, it does not
represent any enormous maintenance increase while has some positive
points.

--
Maxim Maletsky
[EMAIL PROTECTED]