At 23:11 09/12/2002, Frank M. Kromann wrote:

> Please mention the name change at least in the NEWS file and maybe
php-cli
> could even output a readable error when beeing called as cgi.

These are good points.
I think that's a bit like inventing problems and then trying to fix them.
Let's keep it down to things we can determine relatively easily:

- Nothing bad will happen if we name the new CLI with whatever kind of name - php-cli, phpsh, whatever
- There WILL be some level of confusion if we rename the CGI binary

If we use this KISS approach, why the heck are we even considering this rename?

Zeev