Somehow it doesn't surprise me that the same people who wanted other BC-breaking changes (minus perhaps Wez) are in favour of this change as well.

Just for the record, we never had a real vote on php-dev or any of the other forums, and I don't think we'll start now. php-dev is an open forum and we can all find people that will vote our way if we want to. We have to hash it until we reach something that everyone can live with, or stay with the way things are right now (as in the way PHP 4.2 is, where they're both 'php'). I'm having a very hard time living with the PHP-CGI change, and I find it very difficult to find any drawbacks to keeping the one integrated binary we used to have since 1998(*).

Zeev

(*) For the record, as a core developer who worked a lot on cgi_main.c I felt the cleanliness issue at least as much as the rest of you, and my gut feeling was that separation is a good idea too. Given the problems we're now bumping into, I changed my mind, and think I (and the rest of you) sinned in thinking about what's cool/neat/Right for us, the few, instead of what's good for the users. Luckily it's not yet too late to prevent that from happening.

At 16:53 11/12/2002, Jani Taskinen wrote:
On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, Edin Kadribasic wrote:

>> So i am -1 on renaming CLI
>> And +1 on keeing CGI as php-cgi and CLI as php
>>
>> marcus
>
>Just for the record: my vote is the same.

  .o/

  --Jani