<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote :

> On Tue, 17 Dec 2002, Bertrand Mansion wrote:
>
>> If this behaviour could be extended to support $className::method(), that
>> would be just great.
>
> Search the archives, it was brought up before, conclusion: it will not
> happen.

I only found this:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=php-dev&m=96271776302715&w=2
which is a very interesting feature request. In there, there is a request
for this : $className::method(). I am not the only one.

Personally, I still don't understand why this will not happen. Why would you
allow class::method() in the first place ? If you have any pointers to your
previous discussions, please let me know.

TIA,

Bertrand Mansion
Mamasam