It won't be supported but you can use eval() if you really need to.

Andi

At 08:47 PM 12/16/2002 +0100, Bertrand Mansion wrote:
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote :

> On Mon, 16 Dec 2002, Bertrand Mansion wrote:
>
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote :
>>
>>> Its neither, its a fact of the language, the following:
>>>
>>> $classname::method is illegal, you recieved a parse error to that
>>> effect. the best thing to do is::
>>
>> I don't understand why it is illegal...
>
> It's just not supported by PHP.

Will it be supported ?
This would allow

>>> call_user_func(array($className, 'method'), $param1, $param2);
>>
>> This won't work because, in my case, I don't want to make an instance of
>> $className but rather use $className methods as if they were plugged inside
>> my main object.
>
> This doesn't make an instance at all.

Sorry, I didn't choose the right way to explain. :)

I meant that call_user_func needs an instanciated object which I can't
provide as what I really want to do is use a method from a class, not from
an instanciated object. (not sure it's clearer ?)
And keep an access to $this from inside the object calling the external
method because my parsing is actually recursive.

For an example of my current code, you can have a look at Container.php in
the Config package of PEAR (in CVS only). I am having hard time to figure
out what would be the best way to implement this in PHP.

Bertrand Mansion
Mamasam