On Tuesday 04 February 2003 20:25, Marcus Börger wrote:
[snip]
> >That is a bit too much text for 'php -h'. It should be moved to the
> >online manual. Adding a man page would be great too.
>
> I wrote already i will do so...but haven't yet the time.

Could you please then remove the explanation from the php -h output?

[snip]
> Yes it is the same result. I never said you cannot do it otherwise.
> The reason i implemented the switches is that it makes thinks easier.
> And sometimes making things easier for users is better than knowing
> as a developer that there is a solution.

After having played a bit with the new switches I begun to see the idea. I
actually kind of like the ease of use that they give for providing search &
replace sort of capability and using extensive array of PHP string functions.

For example its quite easy to strip tags from an html file/output:

php -d html_errors=1 -i | php -R 'echo strip_tags($argn)."\n";'

So provided that you remove large (and imho confusing) output on the bottom of
-h I'm +1 on keeping these changes.

Edin