Thank you Rasmus Schultz for the nice write up.

After looking at it I think, it was something similar to what we had for
Aura  https://github.com/friendsofaura/Aura.Asset_Bundle .

I recently added psr-7 support : https://github.com/harikt/psr7-asset ( Not
saying it is perfect )

I like some of the good things you mentioned towards the end of "A
component responsible for the delivery of vendor-supplied assets:"

https://gist.github.com/mindplay-dk/90507eb164e74bac7bbbf9abc97a04ee#12-asset-url-scheme

Also I have question :

Why do you want the folder name to be named assets itself ? ( But I do
agree it is good to have a folder not to expose other files ;-) )

What Aura.Asset_Bundle was using was mapping the folder with the package
path. So it don't necessary to be in vendor folder you mentioned. It gives
flexibility for the users to choose the path for their vendor specific css.

Eg : In our case you can alter the css / js behaviours of the vendor/a/b
with your own if you are mapping to /web/project-specific-assets .

I do understand it needs some configuration though.

And thanks for bringing this up, and it will be nice feature to have for
considering psr-7, psr-15 etc.

Thank you

*Hari K T*

You can ring me : +91 9388 75 8821