I would recommend that setParam or indeed any setting of properties be out
of the spec. In my opinion, Events and Commands should both be immutable,
but people are open to implement configuration post-construction if they
wish. But if the spec defines these, then the spec is defining the payload
of them as mutable. That doesn’t strike me as a good idea.

--
Barney Hanlon