On Thu, 11 Jan 2001, Neil Zanella wrote:

> You are right. According to the PHP manual there is no boolean type
> as none is listed in chapter 2.6 but there are variables called TRUE and
> FALSE which evaluate to a true value and a false value respectively as
> indicated in chapter 2.8. Thanks for quoting from chapter 9. I should
> be paying more attention to the manual.
>
> BTW is there a way to determine the exact size of the integer type in PHP?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Neil

Actually, the PHP manual is lying. There is in fact a Boolean data type in PHP
4, it's just that no one's gotten around to fixing the manual. And true and
false are constants in the same manner as 5 and "Hello World!".

Integers are signed longs (32 bits) in PHP.

--
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>