""Chris Lee"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
93l3qd$p98$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:93l3qd$p98$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> has anyone ran any test to see what kind of performance hit? I know people
> are allways ranting and raving about single or double quotes regarding
> performance and people ranting and raving about HTML in or out of echo
> statements.

I tend to agree with you on this, but I will note that the timing problems
seem to become more of an issue with long strings. Recently I ran a
moderately complex function in a benchmark where doing the obsessive things
like switching from double-quotes to single quotes gave a double-digit
percentage speed-up. However, to put things in perspective, modifying the
code to eliminate data copies and streamline if()s resulted in something
like a 900% speedup.

By that time, the point was made - the Cold Fusion it was being compared to
took 125 times longer to run and wasn't as featureful...

Chris