Coming in on this late and from another platform:

I use Bluefish and Gvim under Unix. Of the two, Gvim is probably the
most configurable editor out there (macros, syntax highlighting, runs
its own scripts, uses a variety of scripting languages) and is available
for Windows. It's free (well, it's really charity ware) and Open Source.

While Bluefish is a nice non-gui HTML editor, Gvim is what I use for
"serious" coding in C, C++, Perl, Python, PHP and so on and on. It has
"unlimited" undoos and built in syntax highlighting for languages I've
never encountered in the "real world" (and a few I've never heard of).
Highly recommended.

Incidentally, could'nt you use PHP to manage the "look" at a CSS level?
Should this be the job of the editor?