James,

I too have used various WYSIWYG html coders, and most of the time, I found
my self hampered by application limitations.  It is a fair way to study code
generated...but that method of learning can be dangerous as well.  I also
find I have quicker response/fixes to bugs in handcode.

Now I exclusively use EditPlus2 - it's worth every dollar I paid for it, and
in my opinion, has helped me gain customers - once they watched me script
and parse code with it.  It is good to see others appreciate the simplicity
and power of Edit+.  I like it due to the fact it is not limited to HTML and
there is alot of user support templates, auto-completion, etc available.
Working with HTML, ASP, C, VBScript, Java, PHP, mySQL, and just plain old
text files, is a real pleasure with this hand-coding product.

No, I don't believe they have a public stock offering. :^)

*              Gerald E Buckmaster Jr             *
*           Professional Imagery Analyst          *
*    Webmaster, Imagery Analysis Support Site     *
*                Tucson, Arizona                  *

<snip>
Subject: Re: [PHP] I love/hate FrontPage - need another HTML editor.

Having used both FrontPage and Dreamweaver in the past I have resorted back
to a text editor.  Not that either was bad or good.  Just found that I had
the best control when doing the writing myself.

I currently use EditPlus2 for text editing.  It has everything I need and
cost very little.  I use it for PERL, PHP, JavaScript, Java and even mySQL.
It allows you to format your own syntax highlighting and templates.
</snip>