Hello Boaz,

How are you doing these days? :-)

On 28-Feb-01 16:39:35, you wrote:

>The figures I'm giving you are from one of the two biggest portals in
>Israel.
>it's less than 3%.

Mind me for jumping in, but I think Aviv question about the truth of the 3%
figure ie very pertinent.

The way I see it it is a gross mistake to assume that the audience of a
large portal is necessary a reflex of the potential audience of that portal.

I also work for a large portal company (not for the Hebrew audience though)
and I found people making the same large mistake.  They looked at the sites
audience and figure that there is over 90% of Internet Explorer users in a
site that used IE specific DHTML.  Needless to say that it didn't show
right in Netscape.

Given that sites do not show right in certain browsers, it looks obvious
that almost nobody using those browsers would show in the browser audience
rates.

I even wonder why there are still 3% of users of browsers that do not
support logical Hebrew display that go to your portal.  Same for the 10% of
Netscape users that go to that other site in my company portal.  Maybe
those are just lurkers that went there and gave up on the site and did not
return because they could not see right what was in there.

The reality is that it turns out that there is still about 30% os Netscape
users, meaning that if you force a certain type of display that they don't
see right, you loose their audience.

Just my .02 EUR. :-)

Manuel Lemos

>I'm not sure about Opera, if you are developing for an Israeli
>audience, you can simply develop for IE 4.x and up.

>anyone with any other browser can go and get IE :)

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

Web Programming Components using PHP Classes.
Look at: http://phpclasses.UpperDesign.com/?[EMAIL PROTECTED]
--
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP key: http://www.mlemos.e-na.net/ManuelLemos.pgp