I dare you to find an explanation of an ASP feature and you'll realize
how easy you've got it. How much easier can it be? First, you type in:

www.php.net/get_magic_quotes_gpc

to get the manual page. From there, in the explanation, there is a link
labeled "magic_quotes_gpc" (you can click on links) which takes you
here:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.info.php#ini.magic-quotes-gpc

for an explanation of magic quotes.

Say you have this string:

$str = "This has a \" quote in it";

If you don't understand why you need that backslash there (or escape
character) then you really don't need to be looking for the "quick"
answers on the PHP list. I don't mean to be rude, but keep reading and
searching and testing for a while until you've got the basics down.

---John W. Holmes...

PHP Architect - A monthly magazine for PHP Professionals. Get your copy
today. http://www.phparch.com/