Hi all,

I have a timeout problem with sessions. I use the PHP session handling
(4.0.4pl1). It works, but it times to fast out.

I've set:
ini_alter("session.gc_maxlifetime", "172800");

and

phpinfo() says:
session.cache_expire: local=172800, global=180
session.gc_maxlifetime: local=172800, global=1440

It times out really quick, mabye 10-20 minutes.

Any hints on why that might be?

I used to just use cookies, but I want the url backup system of PHP.

Also the setting in phpinfo():
url_rewriter.tags : a=href,area=href,frame=src,form=fakeentry

Is it possible to have a variable other that the PHPSESSION variable be
appended to the URL automatically. I.e. I want to use cookies, but if cookies
are not accepted then I want to use url variables? And I really don't need
the session functionality cause I handle that myself.. (timeout etc.)

That is just use the feature PHP has to append variables to links and forms.
To use it as a cookie backup system, without using PHP sessions..

So I want a variable MyVAR which is appended to urls and forms automatically
( trans-sid is enabled ).

If I can do that I also need to know how I can check if cookies are accepted
or not, so I can append the variables only if cookies are not accepted.

( Using redhat linux 6.2 with the latest PHP version, 4.0.4pl1 )

Cheers,

--
Bård Farstad
Systems developer