> On Thursday 08 March 2001 11:14, Yasuo Ohgaki wrote:
> > I guess your clients PC's clock is not accurate. How about set timeout
> > 0? Then session cookie will not timeout until browser is closed.
>
> Actually the server and client clock only differs with about 1 minute.

Then how about check the server's response headers that sent to client? You
can view headers using wget or like. PHP might be sending global ini
var(which is set to small number) to client for some reason.

> The 0 timeout will not work. I want the session to be remember for several
> days, I had no problems with pure cookies while doing this.

It might be browser specific problem, if server is sending correct headers.
Is it happen all browsers you have? or just a few of them?

> The timeout value that PHP reports suggests that the timeout should be
> several days.. but it does not seem to work.
>
> > You can compile PHP with trans-sid to add session id automatically.
> > http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.session.php
>
> I have that and PHP does append the PHPSESSID variable to urls. Works
great.

> My question is: can I manually tell PHP to append e.g. MyVAR=foo to all
URL's
> and forms.

Do you mean just like trans-sid? I think you cannot as far as I know. PHP
Programmers/HTML designer have to write code manually to add query string.
Anyone??

> BTW: if you use header( "Location: ..." ); to redirect PHP does not append
> the session id to the header information (cookie less that is). You have
> append it to the Location manually. ( Bug in PHP )
>
> > I've posted PHP session helper HTML file that checks JavaScript and
cookie
> > is enabled. You can find at
> > http://www.zend.com/codex.php?id=458&single=1
>
> I'll check, but I prefer not using javascript.

You also can find very simple PHP code to check cookie is enabled or not at
code exchange.

Regards,
Yasuo Ohgaki