I guess your clients PC's clock is not accurate. How about set timeout to 0?
Then session cookie will not timeout until browser is closed.

You can compile PHP with trans-sid to add session id automatically.
http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.session.php

I've posted PHP session helper HTML file that checks JavaScript and cookie
is enabled. You can find at
http://www.zend.com/codex.php?id=458&single=1

Regards,

Yasuo Ohgaki