On Jun 21, 2003, "George Pitcher" claimed that:

|Jay,
|
|I've never ventured into 'sessions' (not ones without drinks) but I've a
|feeling that if the user has turned cookies off then sessions are out as
|well as they require a cookie being stored on the user's machine.
|
|Someone will surely correct me if I am wrong.
|
|I went to the PHP conference in Frankfurt about 18 months ago and Rasmus was
|talking about 'clean' URLs (ithout the 'query' string. I never did find out
|how though?
|
|Cheers
|
|George

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=php-general&m=105597453308214&w=2

<form name="myform" method="POST" action="validate.php">
<input type="hidden" name="secret1" value="15">
<input type="hidden" name="secret2" value="secret login code">

If you really want to keep the values a secret, you will have to
substitute them with a reverable hash or some other method to keep prying
eyes away.

Jeff

--
Registered Linux user #304026.