--- "Michael P. Carel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Actually i want to create a server utility that can be
> administered through web via a certain port, i'm afraid not
> to use php as an apache module because the server might have
> an existing webserver installed, so i came out into an idea
> to use php cgi/cli to run in a specified port and view it in
> the web.

This is pretty easy to do, but I should warn that PHP's socket support is still
labeled as experimental, though I have found it to be very stable, and I know
of no plans to change the API.

Quite a while ago now, I wrote a simple HTTP proxy in PHP that listens on port
4887 by default. It is a single script, so it is pretty easy to follow, and
you're welcome to check it out at http://protoscope.org/. It is probably a
better example than I could come up with here.

Hope that helps.

Chris

=====
Become a better Web developer with the HTTP Developer's Handbook
http://httphandbook.org/