On Wednesday 16 July 2003 08:19, Michael P. Carel wrote:

> Actually i want to create a server utility that can be administered through
> web via a certain port, i'm afraid not to use php as an apache module
> because the server might have an existing webserver installed, so i came
> out into an idea to use php cgi/cli to run in a specified port and view it
> in the web. It is somewhat similar to some existing utilities such as
> WEBMIN which use perl cgi, but i really dont have a very good start since i
> dont have enough examples for this. I've already opened opened port for
> this as what David said  but i cant see the output in the web.

There is a project which actually implements a webserver using PHP. Have a
search on freshmeat.net and/or sourceforge.net. It should give you enough
inspiration to write your own server.

/*
I find this corpse guilty of carrying a concealed weapon and I fine it $40.
                -- Judge Roy Bean, finding a pistol and $40 on a man he'd
                   just shot.
*/