--- Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> readfile("ftp://username:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/test.txt");
>
> It doesn't have any errors and comes up blank.
>
> If I put:
>
> $result =
> readfile("ftp://username:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/test.txt");
> print ($result);
>
> it ends up showing a '0'  by iteself.

The readfile() functions outputs the contents of the file and returns the size
of the file in bytes. So, when you assigned $result to the return value, you
demonstrated that readfile() output 0 bytes (which explains why you didn't see
anything).

I'm pretty sure your php.ini is set to allow this, otherwise you would receive
an error. I'm doubting whether that URL actually contains any content. How have
you tested to be sure it does?

Chris

=====
Become a better Web developer with the HTTP Developer's Handbook
http://httphandbook.org/