Hi Jay,

        www.asp.net is a good site for learning about the ASP side of .NET, its the
web application side.  Basically Visual Basic for the web.  .NET is also
C++, C#, J#, and VB .NET.  I personally like developing in Visual Studio
.NET, but I donno about for web applications.  I use to do ASP for a living,
now I do PHP.  In some ways, I liked ASP better, but in a lot of ways, I
like PHP better.  Perl was my favorite.  I used that at my last position.
Anyhow, that'll get you started.  For any mailing lists, go to
msdn.microsoft.com, and sign up for their free newsgroups.  They have a
public news server if you don't.

-Dan Joseph