Hmmmm... while there are abstract ideas which are generally useful
and prudent to adhere to, I don't think most people understand them
too well as abstracts and need concrete examples to map them to.

Hence the employee contact database examples.  And simple shopping cart
examples.  :)

Do you have some real-life examples that you'd care to discuss in the open?
Using real-life examples (with the added realism of budgets, legacy code,
deadlines, etc.) may help everyone here.