> Hmmmm... while there are abstract ideas which are generally useful
> and prudent to adhere to, I don't think most people understand them
> too well as abstracts and need concrete examples to map them to.
>
> Hence the employee contact database examples.  And simple
> shopping cart examples.  :)

True - I find the best way to explain database design to someone is by
having them design a database (as with someone here last week whom I
helped out with an office sports tipping database as a little how-to-SQL
project) and help them out as they go.

> Do you have some real-life examples that you'd care to discuss in the
> open? Using real-life examples (with the added realism of budgets,
> legacy code, deadlines, etc.) may help everyone here.

I agree - throw us some examples of what you're thinking about, Justin.

Jason

--
Jason Murray
[EMAIL PROTECTED]