> I'm wondering how many php users are C programmers...
> Can only blame the php inventors for using a bad model.

C and C++ were the first languages I learned and I think that it's a
terrific model.  So powerful.  But many C/C++ programmers aren't able to
code properly (or accident prone, or code drunk).

Thus we have found we need languages where power is limited, because
people write code with memory leaks, with errors, and other bugs that
can bring down an entire operating system ::coughs:: windows ::coughs::
windows :: coughs ::.

Of course I suppose it could be argued if human brains could support
programming in assembly we would have much more efficient programs.  :-)

-Dan