On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 12:49:43 +0600
raditha dissanayake <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> andu wrote:
> > On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 15:40:31 -0500
> > Ken <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> >>Those weird function names are taken straight from C.  Blame the
> >>inventors of C.  PHP is partly intended to be easy to learn for C
> >>programmers.
> >

> > I'm wondering how many php users are C programmers...
> > Can only blame the php inventors for using a bad model.
>
> Just because you cannot understand something does not mean it's bad.

Sounds like you're talking about yourself, I never said C was
a 'bad' language, I was complaining about the functions names in php, if
you care to read more carefully. My point was that when creating a
language you have the freedom to shape the 'vocabulary' any way you
want (more or less) and it is common sense to do it so that it's easily
usable by a variety of users.

> Your mail arrived to this mailing list through several mail nodes
> writted purely in C.

> >>- Ken

> >who>>invented them) definitely not meant to be remembered or to
> >represent>>what they actually do. It's a shame to have to fill our
> >minds with>>such garbage: strcasecmp, strchr, strcmp, strcoll,
> >strcspn, stripos,>>stristr, strspn, strstr, to take just a few. A
> >programming language>>has already its problems for not being natural,
> >no need to make it>>even more so. Second, it the array overkill.
> >>

> --
>
> Raditha Dissanayake

Andu