Hi friends,
  I have to send mail  to people automatically at specified time . Our
environment is RedhatLinux 7.3 , Apache ,mysql and php. I am writing a
program in php to send the mail if some
Condition is met. I want to activate this program at specified time using
cron facility.
So, How can we do that? Can any one help me?.

I have another problem also.   We want Cron to indicate ( through a message
or a mail)  to us that a given task is completed or not.  In the present
case Cron does a task of sending a mail to a user.  After sending the mail
we want Cron to indicate to us that the mail was successfully sent or not
sent.  This we want to know through a program because we want to use this as
a part of automation of sending mails.

Thanking you,

Siva