Webmin uses templates, so you could create anything you want. If you go into
Webmin configuration under the Webmin tab, you will see templates. When you
go in there you will see a menu for current theme. It should have Calderas
theme. That at least means they are open to template creation.

I agree though, it would be nice in PHP, but I think that you can still do a
little more system level scripting in Perl right now.