You probably want to add the mime type with 'header("Content-type:
application/x-ms-word");'. Regards.

-Gregory

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex James [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2003 7:57 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] [PHP-GENERAL] Serving docs from PHP

Beginner to PHP so I guess this could be a really simple answer.

I have a page linking to a ms word doc however the doc doesn't open
up in word within the sectioned part of the  browser but displays a load of
gobble e.g..
ࡱ        >            L          N          K
 7

I can open a word doc in the browser from a html page just not a PHP file.
I 've checked the Apache httpd conf file and the mine types which are fine
But I think I missing something in the PHP conf files.

Thanks for any help.

Alex James