On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 11:56:11 +1100, you wrote:

>I have spent about an hour looking at this and have found I can't echo
>anything with 16 characters or less! It can be over a single line or
>multiple lines eg.
>
><?php
>echo("12345678");
>echo("12345678");
>?>
>->""
>
>but
>
><?php
>echo("12345678");
>echo("123456789");
>?>
>->12345678123456789
>
>Am I missing something really obvious here?

In the old C days, buffering while writing to a file could give this effect.

I have /no/ idea how that applies to your situation, though. Is it a CGI
install? Are there any options for buffering data between spawned programs
on your OS? What happens if you explicitly flush() after the echo?

Sorry I can't offer anything more concrete.