Payne wrote:
Payne Wrtote:

\n is what you are needing. \n means new line. So you want a new line you have to do this....

echo ("abc\n");
echo ("Elm Street\n");
echo ("Anytown, NY 00000 \n");

to get

abc
Elm Street
Anytown, NY 00000

you can also use a printf then you can use html code to get the same <br>.

You might want to grab you one for beginner C or PHP books, they usually all \ and example what are for. Or do a search on Google.

Payne

*just shakes head*

I have spent about an hour looking at this and have found I can't echo
anything with 16 characters or less! It can be over a single line or
multiple lines eg.

<?php
echo("12345678");
echo("12345678");
?>
->""

but
<?php
echo("12345678");
echo("123456789");
?>
->12345678123456789

Am I missing something really obvious here?

Is this on Windoze or *nix? Sounds like some sort of buffering issue... what is 'output_buffering' set too in your ini?

--
By-Tor.com
It's all about the Rush