Well first off all it is possible to post and get at the same time.
Dont know why you want to, but its kinda easy really :

Example :

<form name="myform" action="myscript.php?get1=a&get2=b" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="jalla" value="balla">
</form>

You can submit this form several ways, with ordinary submit button, or with
javascrip submit.

If you really want to keep serving variables that shouldnt be visble in the
browser or in the html kode I guess the only way would be using cookies.
But if the variables are defined by the users input / behavior there is
surely
the need of showing the variables one place or another.

You mentioned that there were up to a 100 variables to be passed here.
Was that pr user or in total? Sending like a 100 variables with GET would
be a bad idea all together, since there are limits on how many caracters the
URL can hold. Some years ago alot of browsers had a limit on 128 characters,
this is imporved by the years but still the only way to feed long sets of
data
is through post.

If all your variables can be stored on the server, assigning a unique ID to
the
session would make you able to store everything in the database as someone
mentioned earlier. This wasy all you need is pass the ID within the browser.
By checking the ID against the unique session on the server you will also
eliminate tampering with the data. Webpages that has like a 100 hidden
fields
doesnt look very "professional", but hey - it works.

The other thing is that forms can also talk with eachother nicely, what I
mean
is that you can share the informastion with the help of javascript. Storing
all
the information you need for later in a form somewhere in the html page,
then
when you build the refresh url you just pick out the data you want to use
from the different form elements (document.form.variable.value).

I still havnt quite understood what you are accually asking for here, but
hey,
it seems like you dont know yourself, hehe

--
Kim Steinhaug
There are 10 types of people when it comes to binary numbers:

"Floyd Baker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> On Fri, 18 Jan 2002 18:13:50 +0800, you wrote:
>
> >On Friday 18 January 2002 04:11, Floyd Baker wrote:
> >
> >> Yes.  I was using the url to pass variables without a form.
> >>
> >> It looks like the javascript idea would cover that now that you remind
> >> me.  I've used it before to refresh two frames at once.
> >>
> >> But even so I'd rather not go that way if at all possible.  I'd like
> >> to stay within php's ability.
> >
> >Not being able to POST and GET is a 'limitation' of HTTP not PHP.
> >
> >> Not knowing what I'm talking about for sure but is there no way of
> >> putting a variable into the 'post' status or condition, prior to being
> >> redirected, without actually using a form?
> >
> >Only be using a form will you be able to POST.
> >
> >> Thanks for the idea though.  It'll work if nothing else. :-)
> >

> >Up to now we (I?) still don't know exactly what you're trying to do.
Maybe if