Dvdmandt wrote:

If you got dozens domains, mod_l33t is highly recommended, but it's only for
Apache 1.3 which I use under both Me, 2k and XP btw... Apache 2.0 just cause
problems with PHP... Well, I haven't really confirmed it yet, but if you
read on the php.net manual page, you'll see it's not recommended yet...
Unless you run as CGI which I wouldn't recommend for anything in this
world... It's much slower, and the computer is slowed down noticably after
about 50 requests... At least it was like that for me with my old setup...

Thanks for the tips, but there's one thing I should point out - I won't actually be using Apache with my online domains (at least, I don't think so). I'm just going to use it on my computer to preview and test web pages before I publish them to my websites, which are hosted by ISP's that use Apache servers.

But if I'm using it only locally, and I also have PHP on my computer, then I should probably take your advice and download Apache 1.3.

I'm not really sure what I'm talking about (yet), but it should become clearer once I get Apache installed!