Hello Everybody,

I have found a solution and/or the root of the problem. I googled on the topic of "MS-Word" + "smart quotes".

That lead me to this site:
http://www.rpgtimes.net/rpgtimes/guide.php?guide=1

It seems that the default for Word is to have smart quotes to "on". When you have smart quotes "on" it replaces the ordinary straight quotes with a left specific and right specific quote.

To correct this:
Go into TOOLS>AUTO-CORRECT>AUTO-FORMAT>remove checkmark from "replace straight quotes with smart quotes". Also in TOOLS>AUTO-CORRECT you must remove the line in AUTO-REPLACE about replacing ... with three dots that are closer together.

Once I did that, my problem was solved!!!!!!!! Thanks to all who have helped today. I appreaciate it!!

BEFORE I changed these two Word settings, when writing to the database, the ord() (ordinate) value for the left quote was 147 and the right quote was 148. When being retrieved from the database, the ord() (ordinate) value for the left quote was 17 and the right quote was 19.

Thanks again to everyone who offered help!

Roger