On Sat, 28 Feb 2004, raisinlove wrote:

> > Surely if there is a work-around then safe mode would not be doing its job
> > properly?
>
> Well this was part of the purpose of my post, before Rasmus explained
> it, I didn't understand why I couldnt access a directory I had created.
> I was hoping for a function which would achieve the same purpose but
> wouldn't be affected by safe-mode. I've seen many other workaround
> solutions to other problems caused by the safe-mode setting.
> Unfortunatly this doesnt seem to be such a case.

The work-around is to create the directory outside of your web application
from your regular account.  Or if you are allowed to run cgi scripts and
these are set up via cgiwrapper or suExec to run as your own user id, use
this to create the directory.  Once created with the right owner, you can
manipulate it from your regular Apache-embedded PHP scripts.

-Rasmus