Pablo Gosse wrote --- napísal::
Marek Kilimajer wrote:

Pablo Gosse wrote --- napísal::

Hi folks.  I'm just tweaking the file manager portion of my CMS, and
am wondering if there is any way I can identify the size of an
uploaded file which exceeded the upload_max_filesize?  I'd like to be
able to tell the user the size of the file they tried to upload, in
addition to telling them the allowable maximum size.

It would seem logical to me that I would not be able to do this,
since if the file exceeds the limit set by upload_max_filesize then
the upload should not continue past that point.

Is this an accurate assumption?

Cheers and TIA.

Pablo

Content-Length request header, approximately, it also contains other post fields.

Hmmmm, thanks Marek.  That might work, though I'm not entirely sure.  The form through
which users upload files can upload five at a time, so I'm assuming that the
content-length request header would contain the sum total of all uploaded files, and I
don't really see how I could get the individual sizes.

Thoughts?

Cheers and TIA.

Pablo

Then you are lost. If you want it really bad, you can turn on always_populate_raw_post_data and parse the post stream, but post_max_size will still limit you anyway.