Dennis Gearon wrote:

What I'm trying to achieve is to have the same cookie IDENTIFY a user on different (or same) applications (on the same server), but require them to log in for each application, and get a different session.. Basically, to keep separate 'user trails and in process variables' for different tabs or windows in a browser.

What you need then is PHP session management stuff - it's very unlikely that you will need to tincker with the protocol. PHP session management will take care of everything (except securing the system which you need to do ;-)

www.scotttrade.com does it somehow, and I see no GET variables on the URL.

John W. Holmes wrote:

Dennis Gearon wrote:

With get varaibles, it's possible to always have get variables on a page, even without a form, by simply appending the Get variables to the end of the URL.

Is there anyway to do the same with Post variables? For instance, a javascript that onUnload submit, or something?

You can't just include POST variables in a link, if that's what you're going for. Perhaps some clunky javascript submitting a hidden form on an onclick method would get you close, but why even bother?

Maybe you should just say what you're actually trying to achieve and why, then we could offer better alternatives.

--
Raditha Dissanayake.