Dennis Gearon wrote:
What I'm trying to achieve is to have the same cookie IDENTIFY a user on different (or same) applications (on the same server), but require them to log in for each application, and get a different session.. Basically, to keep separate 'user trails and in process variables' for different tabs or windows in a browser.

Why not just keep an acl list of which applications a particular session is logged in for? What I mean is you have your sessions table. You know they are logged in.

User foo: logged into app "a"
User foo: Goes to app "b"
  App "b" recognizes the name of the cookie and checks the value against
  the session table. If true --
User foo: is recognized but requested to log in

When User foo logs in, the auth table is updated to reflect that they are not authenticated against a different part of the site.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake
Your Web Host ;)

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

www.scotttrade.com does it somehow, and I see no GET variables on the URL.

John W. Holmes wrote:

Dennis Gearon wrote:

With get varaibles, it's possible to always have get variables on a page, even without a form, by simply appending the Get variables to the end of the URL.

Is there anyway to do the same with Post variables? For instance, a javascript that onUnload submit, or something?

You can't just include POST variables in a link, if that's what you're going for. Perhaps some clunky javascript submitting a hidden form on an onclick method would get you close, but why even bother?

Maybe you should just say what you're actually trying to achieve and why, then we could offer better alternatives.

+1-503-667-4564 - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://www.commandprompt.com