Hi
I was trying to use the mail() function, but it did not work, maybe because
of some settings problem or something that I can't figure out

I went online and tried to execute the following
//=======================================================
  <?php
     $from = $_POST['from'];
     $subject = $_POST['subject'];
     $content = $_POST['content'];
     $to = "[EMAIL PROTECTED]";
           $headers = "From:".$from;
     if(mail($to, $subject, $content, "From: $from")) {
        echo"sent";
    }
     else{ echo "not sent";
     }
 ?>
//===============================================
the variable values sent from a Form in another and they are sent correctly

but I keep having this error
//===============================================
Warning: mail(): Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25,
verify your "SMTP"
and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in
C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\mysite/myfile.php on line 194
//===============================================

my php.ini settings for the mail function are

[mail function]
; For Win32 only.
SMTP = localhost

smtp_port = 25