From: "Michael Gale" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
The site is for a ticket tracking system, if a CSR has a window open and is working on company A - I would like to save
some information about company A in a session variable. Since the session is stored in the DB I figured it was save.
Then if the CSR need to look up another company and opens another window I want to make sure that the session variable I
just set containing company A is not over written.

... Is there a better way to do this ... I was hoping to not have to pass variables between each page by including them
in the URL.

Not sure if I understand completely, but how about using some arrays in your session? Have $_SESSION['companies']['companyA'] = array(...), $_SESSION['companies']['companyB'] = array(...), etc... I think you'll still have to pass some values in the URL to determine what company the different requests are for, but now you'll at least have each one available in the session (so you only have to populate it once, I assume).

How you need to approach this from a programmers perspective is realizing that you cannot tell requests from different windows apart. The user could have 100 windows open and you can't really tell. All you do is recieve POST or GET requests and handle them accordingly.

---John Holmes...