"Michael Gale" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Hello,
>
> Morning .. at least it is where I am :)
>
> I have a small issue with sessions, at the moment I am using sessions on
our web site and storing the session
> information in a db_table. It is working great. Right now I am only
storing the users ID, name and role in the session
> data, but I would like to store other information as well. The problem is
... that if that person opens another browser
> window and connects to the site another session is not created.
>
> So if I try and store a variable that would be unique to each window it
would get over written. Is this a configuration
> problem ?
>

> Thanks.

An alternative might be omitting cookies and passing the session id around
via GET/POST. This would solve your problem but might require some work to
adapt your application. Another advantage of this would be that you would
not have to rely on your user's cookie setting being enabled.

Regards, Torsten Roehr