>> On the other hand, when the form action script is the *same* script that
>> contains the form, when I do the same var_dumps, the data does *not*
>> have any $_POST data. Also, the _SERVER[REQUEST_METHOD] is "GET", not
>> "POST" in this instance.
>
> My suspicion was that this was what had happened as well, but *why* your
> POST is being interpreted as a GET is unclear to me.  I did notice that
> you were sending GET variables when you had a login error... but someone
> more knowledgeable than I (Richard?) will likely come along and explain
> how / why PHP can interpret a form with both POST and GET variables as a
> GET script.

As I recall, the POST format simply allows GET data as well.

Almost for sure POST came after GET, in terms of historical web techniques.

So when they made the spec for POST, GET data was included already.

I don't think PHP does any "magic" to make it work, really...

If his form says: method="post" and it's not sending POST and the
REQUEST_METHOD isn't POST, then the httpd server (mini_httpd, right) is
almost for sure at fault.

I'm repeating myself, but PHP pretty much just takes whatever the SERVER
sends it, and fills in $_SERVER and $_POST and $_GET based on that.

Fix mini_httpd and/or its configuration if you want to get $_POST to work.

You'll need to ask mini_httpd experts how to do that...  Which ain't here.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm