Hello Mark,

Monday, May 30, 2005, 4:18:20 PM, you wrote:

MS> I have my settings in php.ini set for UTF-8, and the encoding for
MS> the mysql database table's column that is using Japanese to UTF-8.
MS> Now, if I view the data stored in that column in phpmyadmin, via
MS> say, firefox, it displays in UTF-8, but, if I pull the code from
MS> the database and display it in a UTF-8 set page, it is just ?
MS> marks, although static J text displays fine...any thoughts on
MS> this..? Driving me nutz. Cheers.

Are you doing anything to the data after you've pulled it back from
MySQL? Perhaps parsing it, or pushing it through a PHP function that
might convert it back to Latin1? (i.e. using non-overloaded PHP
functions when you should be using the mb functions)

Best regards,

Richard Davey
--
 http://www.launchcode.co.uk - PHP Development Services
 "I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." - Isaac Asimov